Love your library

Once you are in love with books, you can never live without them. Some way or the other you’ll try to spare some time for a good read, isn’t it? It makes you feel so alive. And it’s not only about what you read but also what place you sit to read. Quiet ambience makes you feel so connected with the book; it takes you to an altogether different world.  Library is one such place and if you can visit library for your reads, then you are really the lucky one. Busy parents like me normally don’t get much time for libraries. We visit library only to pick up new books and return old books. There is vast ocean of knowledge lying in all those books of library and I always get this feeling ‘I want to read all of them’ J I know I know it’s not possible, may be during retirement age, haha, just making promises to myself.




 Robin Sharma suggests ‘you should spare at least half an hour daily for quality read’. I try to follow this practice, but since most of the time we are in front of screens, I read ebooks. Of course it is not similar to sitting in library and holding the book in your hand. But if you don’t have a choice, better read ebooks rather than no reading at all. Recently I visited Seattle Public Library, had heard a lot about it. It was so HUGE. They had Children’s area, reader’s room, writer’s room, living room, and umpteen numbers of books. I was truly truly amazed. I wished I could spend at least an hour daily in that library and sometimes the entire weekend. Whichever area or part of the world I live in, I’ll always check if there are any libraries nearby and if there is, I am going to join it for sure and whenever possible will try to read my books over there. In love with libraries and books. If possible at all, will try to open my own library one day. Check out some pics of 'Seattle Public Library'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ups & Downs!!

Gangubai wala Safed

The Sky is Pink