Revolution 2020 - Review
Just turned last page of book 'Revolution 2020' by Chetan Bhagat.
Though I didn't get good reviews of book, I still planned to read it.
Having read all former books of Chetan Bhagat, I just couldn't think of not reading it.
I remember the moment when I asked my librarian about this book; the reply she gave me was
"It's a stupid triangle love story".
Yes, it's a triangle love story. But not stupid I must say. But little sad.
Hero of the story is left alone in the end.
It's basically a story of 3 childhood friends from Varanasi; as you must have guessed it - 2 boys and 1 girl.
Both crazy for same girl - Aarti. As always Chetan continues to mention girl's dresses and her accessories in a very very detailed manner ;)
Raghav following his dream of becoming journalist and trying to bring revolution is his country.
And the other boy - Gopal; not so good in studies. Could not fulfill his dad's dream of joining IIT.
Failed to clear AIEEE/JEE in 2 attempts and eventually lost his dad.
Then one day his luck changes. With the help of one of his friend he fell in trap of an corrupt MLA and started a college of his own but of course in corrupt ways.
A guy who could not clear exams to get into engineering college started one of his own.
He did become rich but could not gain love of his dream girl.
Raghav who got too busy pursuing his dream of journalism forgot to pay much attention to his girl.
Since he exposed many corrupt activities of politicians; he did loose his job. Started his own new article called 'Revolution 2020'.
His news article created quite a news in Varanasi, and corrupt MLA who backed Gopal in opening a college resigned and got arrested.
When Raghav was trying to bring revolution in his city, Aarti vying for Raghav's time got close to Gopal since he was a old and trustworthy friend.
But as they say a boy and girl can never be friends, they got physically attracted to each other and took some steps Aarti regretted later.
But in course of time, Gopal realized he has changed as a person and innocent, sinless Gopal has died in him.
And Raghav being a nice human being deserves his girl more than him.
So he made some plan that will arouse hatred in girl's mind for him.
In this way, Gopal distanced himself from Aarti and finally Raghav and Aarti got married.
And our hero, director of college is left alone. No body by his side.
I didn't like ending as it was not a happy one.
But I did enjoy the boook, not so much but okay-okay types.
It was a book about friendship, love, corruption and dream to bring revolution - indeed a good blend of all these things.
Good job, Chetan!!
Though I didn't get good reviews of book, I still planned to read it.
Having read all former books of Chetan Bhagat, I just couldn't think of not reading it.
I remember the moment when I asked my librarian about this book; the reply she gave me was
"It's a stupid triangle love story".
Yes, it's a triangle love story. But not stupid I must say. But little sad.
Hero of the story is left alone in the end.
It's basically a story of 3 childhood friends from Varanasi; as you must have guessed it - 2 boys and 1 girl.
Both crazy for same girl - Aarti. As always Chetan continues to mention girl's dresses and her accessories in a very very detailed manner ;)
Raghav following his dream of becoming journalist and trying to bring revolution is his country.
And the other boy - Gopal; not so good in studies. Could not fulfill his dad's dream of joining IIT.
Failed to clear AIEEE/JEE in 2 attempts and eventually lost his dad.
Then one day his luck changes. With the help of one of his friend he fell in trap of an corrupt MLA and started a college of his own but of course in corrupt ways.
A guy who could not clear exams to get into engineering college started one of his own.
He did become rich but could not gain love of his dream girl.
Raghav who got too busy pursuing his dream of journalism forgot to pay much attention to his girl.
Since he exposed many corrupt activities of politicians; he did loose his job. Started his own new article called 'Revolution 2020'.
His news article created quite a news in Varanasi, and corrupt MLA who backed Gopal in opening a college resigned and got arrested.
When Raghav was trying to bring revolution in his city, Aarti vying for Raghav's time got close to Gopal since he was a old and trustworthy friend.
But as they say a boy and girl can never be friends, they got physically attracted to each other and took some steps Aarti regretted later.
But in course of time, Gopal realized he has changed as a person and innocent, sinless Gopal has died in him.
And Raghav being a nice human being deserves his girl more than him.
So he made some plan that will arouse hatred in girl's mind for him.
In this way, Gopal distanced himself from Aarti and finally Raghav and Aarti got married.
And our hero, director of college is left alone. No body by his side.
I didn't like ending as it was not a happy one.
But I did enjoy the boook, not so much but okay-okay types.
It was a book about friendship, love, corruption and dream to bring revolution - indeed a good blend of all these things.
Good job, Chetan!!
Comments
Post a Comment